My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, November 09, 2007

The Season of Collecting

The decorations on our small island’s main shopping street are up and so, I decided to get myself organized and decorate my Christmas tree as well! Perhaps inspiring some of you to do the same?

I have amassed a rather large collection of decorations over the years and is my wont, everything I have is either handmade or hand blown. It’s a joke amongst P and my friends that if you put the word ‘hand’ in front of anything, I’ll buy it! I am a self-confessed snob who just cannot tolerate cheap and ugly things, unlike some people I used to know. ;-D

One of my favourite items is this simple but stunning nativity scene:


The German makers only produce a limited number per year and this set was ‘sponsored’ a few years ago. Just as well really as it is the same price as the silk footstool! Ouch. But I didn’t pay for it so that’s okay.

I love the smell of real pine trees but as they can be a pain and I will be busy over the next few weeks with overseas friends coming for the wedding, I decided to put this up instead:


The wooden decorations are from Germany and Finland, while the crystal snowflake is Swarovski of course. P’s and my first Christmas was in 2006 and he bought me the entire collection of 12 wooden Star of David ornaments with various little figurines in them, which I just love!


On my sofa are silk Santa cushion covers from Jim Thompson bought on my last trip to Bangkok in 2004:


As I have some friends coming over this weekend for champagne and curry (I know, odd, but our group IS a mix of East and West!), I also decided to decorate the guest bathroom with my other Swarovski pieces and a tiny handmade wooden train.

The reindeer and tree sits on the soap stand in the shower. Cute huh!


The rest of the decorations are spread out in the kitchen:


Dining table:


Hall:


And finally, in the master bedroom, I have this angel pyramid that P bought for me. He says it reminds him of me because I’m such an angel. Got you! Bet you guys almost believed me for a moment ha ha ha. He did buy it for me, but an angel is the last thing I would remind him of. His nickname for me is Princess, quite appropriate I think!


And until next time, Princess ooooooout!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home