My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday Bleurgh

I still don’t understand why the work week draaaaaaaaaaags by so slowly while Saturday and Sunday race past in a blurr.

This weekend was no different. As I had the workmen in most of Saturday and was out running errands on Sunday, I don’t feel relaxed at all.

I had dinner with my dad and his friends at the country club on Saturday night. I calculated that the average age of my dinner companions was 62.6 years. I’m the last of the great party animals, go me! Having said that, they are all very nice guys and it was a good evening. Later on, they came by to look at my new apartment. One of them saw this:


And said, “That’s not a pool, that’s a longkang (Malay for drain)!” Well, he's 75 and I think at that age, you can say pretty much what you darn well please!

True, our condo's swimming pool is not big. Two slim people or one American (joke joke) can do laps at the same time. But it's always lovely and warm and I try to go for a swim every weekend.

I finally got a Balinese wall light plus a very reasonably priced outdoor table for my balcony. This is where I have breakfast every morning:



Nice, huh! Life could be worse I guess…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home