My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, October 12, 2007

I Have My Silk Footstool!!

I would like to say thank you to my childhood friend living in Elvisland. She kindly bought me the silk footstool that I was coveting as a housewarming/wedding present! Thanks so much!!

I am really very touched by her generosity and that she went to all the trouble to get the money transferred to me this week. We have known each other since 1979, when we were on the same swim team at our country club.

I had actually gone back to the same shop to see a new footstool for $99 that had just come in, but it just wasn't the same. It would have been like settling for the ugly friend when what you actually wanted to do was take the pretty girl home! I would rather have gone without than accept less than the best. But fortunately, my friend saw me right.

Even if P wouldn't sacrifice his food for me this month and my dad ignored my pleas for a housewarming gift, at least I know that somebody out there (even if she is all the way in the land of the brave) REALLY loves me! Thanks again, hee hee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home