My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Superb Sundays!

In case you guys can’t tell, I am in 7th (floor) heaven! This morning, I woke up to gentle sunshine streaming through my bedroom window and a feeling of pure joy. The sun stays till about lunch time and in the afternoon, it visits my living room.

Feeling adventurous, I got out of bed and decided to explore a little bit of my new neighbourhood. I called my dad as he and my stepmum live just around the corner from me. I’m sure they’ll loathe that when I show up yet again for another home cooked dinner! He gave me directions to the wet market, which is only a 10-minute walk away.

This neighbourhood still has little touches of past times. At the corner of the block, I heard the sweet sound of birds twittering. As I walked by the bird shop, the distinctive smell of feathers and seed reminded me of when I was young and my parents would take me to the wet market to choose a pet. Invariably, I would always try to handle the birds once I got them home and they would die shortly afterwards. Go figure!

As I crossed the street, I looked up and saw a beautiful piece of architecture on one of the shop houses with colourful peacocks:



When I reached the market, I was pleased to find many shops selling fresh meats, fish, vegetables and all sorts of provisions. As I don’t cook and have no intention of doing so in my pristine little oasis, I headed straight to the flower section, where I picked up eight gorgeous stems of yellow orchids for only 50 cents each! And even if I do say so myself, they look pretty darn good on my living room bay window sill:


A friend called me this morning and asked if I even left the apartment yet ha ha. Of course I have, but only to run inevitable errands. She is going to come over this evening and we’ll crack open a bottle of champagne to celebrate!

I feel like a new, improved version of me. P said to me yesterday that I sound like a different person. It’s true. I have been so depressed the last few months as I felt trapped living in that horrible situation. Work is stressful enough as it is and a person’s home should be a place of rest. But as I would walk up to the apartment door, my heart would drop if I saw that the living room light was on, meaning that someone was at home. Thankfully, I can leave all of that behind me now. What it has shown me is that if I can help it, I do not want to share my living space with anyone other than P from now on.

I feel like I’m in a Mary Poppins movie and find myself breaking out into song and dancing around the apartment for no apparent reason. And when I’m washing dishes and looking at my view of the construction site, I start to grin inanely and feel like my heart is going to burst with happiness! Corny I know and P has said that as a happy person, I am extremely annoying as I’m on such a high and can only talk about my property ha ha.

It’s been great sharing the experience of owning my own place with my ZA friend on the 10th floor. He is visiting for a week to set the apartment up and will go back to ZA in two days. We had some friends and colleagues over last night and they noticed that our washing machine, fridge, TV and lights are all pretty much the same! It has worked out well because I did all the research and legwork before he came over. And as I had to work this past week, he stayed here to ensure the goods were delivered and the lights installed for both our apartments. Now that’s teamwork!

Time is just racing past and in less than 10 weeks’ time, P and I will be getting married. I haven’t even chosen the bridal flowers yet! Better tell my stepmum to standby as she and her sister are helping me choose them. They have offered to pay for the table decorations as I am too cheap to do so! I want to spend all of P’s money on alcohol hee.

Anyway, have a great week everyone, I know I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home