My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Monday, May 07, 2007

You Know You are Aging…

When you go to the doctor to get some medication for your cough, and she ends up recommending cosmetic procedures for your face!

This morning, I went to the doctor as I wasn’t feeling well. I noticed some photos on her wall of a girl who had bad acne in the ‘before’ photo and very clear skin in the ‘after’ photo. To be fair, the doctor only started pointing out all my flaws when I asked her about the other girl who had done a chemical peel.

The doctor suggested that I remove my moles by laser, which would be carried out by a plastic surgeon. She also said that I could do with eight shots of Botox on the wrinkles around each eye and a filler to give my nose a bridge. The grand total of these procedures is over US$1,300. The Botox will last for six months, while the bridge filler can either be temporary or permanent, depending on which substance she injects.

She did give me some food for thought and I am considering it because of the upcoming wedding. When I told P about what she said, he wasn’t too pleased as he thinks I’m perfect as I am. But he is completely biased and I am well aware that fine lines have developed around my eyes over the last few years. Although they don’t normally bother me, it doesn’t hurt to look one’s best.

I’ve always been pretty experimental with my body (my 12.5 inch dragon tattoo on my right hip) so what’s a little Botox? I’m just concerned that I’ll end up looking like those Hollywood actresses who overdo it or wacko Jacko!!

Anyway, I’m not going to rush into anything and will take a few months to do some research and to consider if I should proceed or not. Watch this face, I mean space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home