My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Life as an Engaged Woman

Okay, I promise that this will be the last blog entry (at least for now) about my engagement ring. I got my nails done yesterday and couldn't resist taking another photo so now you all can see it in perspective with my entire hand. Nice huh, and the ring ain't bad either ha ha.

Huney saw the ring earlier this week when we met to talk about the wedding invitations she is doing for us (more about that later). She said that the ring was perfect for me because like me, the stone is full of hard edges or something along those lines. There was a compliment in there somewhere I think, or maybe not!

I also told P that the ring truly symbolizes our relationship: It is flawed (as in the stone is not a perfect diamond, though it is to me), however, it is an object of true beauty and we both still love it and would not want to be without it. Oh my god, did I just write that? Where has the real Jan gone? Have I been abducted by aliens who've left a Stepford Sgbabe behind? Someone, pass me a bucket...

We have asked our friends to help us with the wedding preparations and I'm very happy to say that they are all so willing to get involved. I've realized that the wedding is not just about P and me, but about family as well.

Huney has come up with a couple of very good ideas for the invites and we love what she's done so far. Rachel is my witness and main event planner. And my dad's partner Lila is the stylist. She and her sister are in charge of making me look gorgeous on the day. Now, no snide remarks about that being an impossible task please!

I've seen some dresses on ebay (where else) that I like and should get my lazy b*tt down to a few bridal shops to check out more designs. Although I love clothes, I've never been the 'fantasy wedding' type. I don't need a fancy dress or expensive make up to have a great time. All I need is P, and to have our loved ones eating good food, drinking champagne and partying it up! I am aiming for simple elegance, and I know that Lila will help me achieve that.

This being the second time around, we just want to celebrate our joy. I know that I speak for both of us when I say that we are very happy to have found love at a time when neither of us were ever expecting to get married again. We were both leading very similar lives before we met: dating unsuitable youngsters, partying a lot and not caring about anyone besides ourselves. Our story should give all single people hope because if we can find love at the Four Floors, anyone can find love anywhere! It will happen when you're not expecting it, and when you're truly happy with what you have in life.

P's best man, who is flying in from Brrringland for the wedding, is apparently a Tyson Beckford lookalike (I can't verify this as I've never seen a photo of him). I hope that the women don't end up drooling at him instead of at my dress ha ha.

We'll have wedding guests coming from overseas and believe it or not, this includes my ex-husband Mark. He gets on very well with P and my friends, and I consider Mark a trusted friend too. Yes, it is unusual and some people will probably find it strange but hey, this is me, and when have I ever done things the 'normal' way?! Mark and I have worked hard at becoming friends after our marriage ended ten years ago and I am very proud of how far we've both come.

Anyway, I will keep you guys in the loop and you'll definitely be hearing much more about the wedding in the upcoming months! I know I know, groan....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home