My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Saved by the Belles

Although it has been one obstacle after another in regards to the organization of the wedding over the past week, there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Last night, a girlfriend of mine, Li, agreed to step in as the MC so thankfully, I have not be left in the lurch.

Rachel and I have also looked at a few more venues, and we are hoping to confirm one by early next week. The place I like the most is an open concept bar located down by the river and is gorgeous during the evening. It is surrounded by a lot of greenery and soft lighting makes it very romantic at night. Keep your fingers crossed that this is “The One”! Both Rachel and I are getting quite jaded and time is marching on whilst I’m still floundering around without a venue where I can marry the man I love!

On a positive note, my wedding dress arrived from the US two days ago. It’s a lovely off-white Nicole Miller silk number that Rachel said would look good on me and encouraged me to buy. I love it as it’s an absolutely perfect fit and only needs the length taken up. The dress brings out all my hidden curves as well. What makes it even better is that I got it at ¼ of its retail price on ebay! I am truly a bargain hunter extraordinaire, even if I do say so myself. After the wedding, I’ll be able to shorten it and wear it as a cocktail dress as it’s truly a classic piece.

Anyway, it would be fair to say that I’ll be glad when this whole wedding palava is over and I can concentrate on enjoying married life with P!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home