My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Monday, March 12, 2007

All About the Family

I'm finally back home after 10 glorious days in Oz. Do I want to be here? As I had to leave P behind, the answer is a resounding NO. But life goes on and the real world ie work beckons. It will be odd not having him come meet me for lunch or pick me up after work every evening as he did for the last five months. But the blissful time where P was still on holiday couldn't last forever.

He will do casual work while he looks for a permanent job somewhere in the vast land Down Under. On one hand, we are impatient for the next phase of our life together to begin, but on the other hand, this is a very exciting time. Not just for us, but also for P's family.

Two years ago, they upped sticks and left Brrrrrrr-ingland in search of a more suitable lifestyle for the kids. The education in Oz is so much better and the great outdoors is amazing. They ended up in Melbourne where his mum and sister work as nurses. It has taken them some time to adapt to a new country, but they love their life in Oz.

P is now with them and it's been really good for the whole family to spend quality time together. His nieces Little Darling (LD) and Medium Darling (MD) absolutely adore him.

As I flew in very late when I first arrived, I didn't get a chance to meet the girls as they were already in bed. The following morning at around 7.30am, we heard a little tap, tap, tap on the bedroom door. P said, "Come in!" and LD came into the room, stood next to the bed and just looked at me with her big blue eyes and a sweet little smile on her lips. I was still half asleep and definitely bleary-eyed but she just couldn't wait to meet me!

I met MD after I got out of bed and she is also a lovely girl, very good at sports and a bit of a dreamer.

It was necessary to distinguish all the 'darlings' in the house because it got a bit confusing. I call P darling as well and one day I said to him, "Darling, come here," and before he could respond, LD was in front of me with her arms held up to be carried and said, "I'm here!".

I love P's entire family and really enjoyed watching him with them. For the last few months, P has been hanging out with me, my family and friends in my country. This trip was a chance for me to see him in another context and I definitely liked what I saw. His family are great and I really felt at home with them. His parents and sister are very down to earth, with wicked senses of humour and no airs and graces at all.

I will see them in later on the year when I go over to visit again. For now, it's back to the grindstone and dreams of bright sunshine, the lovely ocean and Kangaroo steaks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home