My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Great Ocean Road

We are finally back in Melbourne after three days on the Great Ocean Road. I found a gorgeous B&B at the Aireys Inlet where the Split Point Lighthouse is. Words cannot describe how beautiful the view was from our bedroom, so I will let the following photographs speak for themselves.

Aireys by the Light is a three-bedroom B&B run by Elizabeth and Peter, a lovely couple who made us feel so welcomed. We sat on the balcony in the evenings watching the waves crash on the beach, wind blowing in our hair. Absolutely amazing. At night, we'd read in bed with the balcony door open listening to the sea.

We went for a walk along the cliff and turning back, we could see the lighthouse in the distance.

Yesterday, we drove two hours to see the 12 Apostles, another amazing sight.

I have always loved Australia and this trip was no different. P and I spent some serious quality time together, talking about things we've done in our past (and how we would've done them differently in hindsight) and the future life we would like to have together.

I only have a few days left here before I go back to my own small island so I'll be making the best of the time. P will visit me in a couple of months and I'll be back here later on in the year.

Tomorrow, my friend the Consultant will be coming for dinner with her partner. I'll be cooking Chinese food for the guests and P's family! Me cooking, that is another rare occurance ha ha. It's amazing what love does to a person...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home