My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Monday, November 19, 2007

We Tied the Knot!

P and I had a wonderful wedding on Saturday evening and I am now a wife! I can still hardly believe it. But the 4.3 carats of diamonds on my left hand (P has a simple but classic platinum band) and the marriage certificate in my desk drawer proves that it’s true!

I don’t have all the photos yet and these are just a sneak peek. I will post more up on later in the week once everyone has sent me their pics.

We are both still quite tired from all the activities leading up to the event as we spent every evening last week with the wedding party and our friends and family who had flown in from all over the world. But it was soooooo worth it and I am extremely grateful that they made such a huge effort for us. Thank you everyone.

Well, what can I say about the venue? My dad’s partner and her family decorated it beautifully with cream roses and other complementary flowers. Every single chair was tied with hand-arranged sprays and all the table tops had so many floral vases and bowls on them! P made a joke when he saw the venue and asked if there were any other flowers left on our small island! They had also made four huge arrangements that they put on high tables and it looked very Greek and stunning. I even got to walk through an arch made entirely of cream flowers. How extravagent is that?!


The vanilla cake they also organized was really delicious! I love my bridal bouquet and refused to throw it ha ha, and am enjoying the gorgeous blooms at home for a few more days.

Our wedding favors were two types of silver Christmas ornaments, which everyone loved.

The evening itself was everything we had hoped for and more. Everything went off without a glitch and we managed to spend some time with every single person who had come. I didn't have time to eat but thankfully, a couple of flutes of Laurent Perrier managed to make it down my throat!

Our solemniser was so nice and she looked lovely in her cheongsam. We kept the ceremony short and sweet so that our guests could get the party started!

P’s witness and best man was Yeller Fever while the mum from the Canadian Family was my witness. The dad from the Canadian Family had a part to play too! He sang our first dance song ‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol acoustic and it was amazing. I believe a few tears were shed due to the beautiful lyrics. It was simply perfect.

The speeches by Yeller Fever and P were also very good: heartfelt, humourous and to the point. They both made ‘jokes’ about me writing the speeches for them. Funny, guys, very funny! Hmmm…..

My dad seemed to have a lot of fun and got along very well with P’s mum, dad, uncle and aunt. After dinner, we went by coach to the dance club and my dad was the centre of attention! At some points, he had so many people surrounding him that it seemed more like his wedding!! As I was in charge of the cash and drinks, I had to stay relatively sober.

My dad and P made up for it though, and the latter was stripped down to just his trousers on the dance floor at one point! One of my male colleagues also tried to take P’s pants down, so you can just imagine what kind of night it was!

There was a hen party dancing next to our group and they attempted to steal P’s shirt. However, he wasn’t having any of it and held on tight, shouting, “Give me my shirt back, it’s Paul Smith!”

We finally rolled back to the hotel at 2.30am and as we were extremely hungry, had something to eat before we crashed out.

We woke up the next morning and looked at each other, happy and still incredulous that we were now Mr and Mrs. At about 7.30am, both our phones beeped. It was an sms from Yeller Fever, saying that he was just on his way home!

Truly, it was a WONDERFUL night and by the looks of it, not just for us!! Thank you to all our friends and family, you made the wedding simply unforgettable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home