My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It’s Official!

Although I’ve been wearing the bling for the last six weeks, P and I didn’t have our official engagement dinner until last Saturday. We invited Rachel and family, including my cousin and her hubby who were visiting from Sheepland. We ate at my favourite Chinese restaurant and then met some friends for drinks afterwards.

I got all dolled up with a trial wedding make up run, put my hair in a twist and wore a lovely black lace and pink dress. I was aiming for the vintage 1950’s look and P said I looked like a “Chinese Barbie”! That is a compliment…I think! He prefers me without make up but well, which woman (even if she is a natural beauty and modest too hee hee) doesn’t like to play dress up now and then?!

We ended up dancing at one of the hippest clubs on our small island and ran into soooo many people. Although we were quite drunk and tired, we were all having so much fun that everyone was reluctant to go home! Both Rachel and my HK friend looked great and were popular with the boys but that didn’t surprise me at all.

We also met a guy I used to go diving with. I always thought he was nice and in a happy marriage, but he had a bit too much to drink and forgot how to behave himself! I was gobsmacked when I found out later that he had run his drink along the top of Rachel’s tube top! She was not impressed but as usual, was too polite to tell him off. He also tried his luck with my HK friend but she wouldn’t give him the time of day. His wife was out of town, otherwise I’m sure he wouldn’t have dared behave in such an abysmal manner. I won’t tell her as we are not close, but poor woman, that is just not on. Being drunk is not a good enough excuse. Believe me when I say that there is never a dull moment in this town!

P will be here for another two weeks and we were originally going diving next weekend. However, the silly resort owner cancelled our room by mistake and so we will just chill out here now. We are going to the water park on Friday, cycling on Sunday and then have lined up a massage for next weekend. Can’t wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home