My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Dad: Current Media Darling

It seems that I can’t turn around without seeing my dad in the media these days!

1. I was at work yesterday when our pantry lady came up to me with the Chinese newspaper and said, “Isn’t this your dad?” Lo and behold, there he was, this time was carrying his bicycle with a big grin on his face!

I’m not sure exactly what the article says, as my Mandarin sucks oranges, but I’m sure it is along the lines of what an amazing 70-year-old he is to have cycled 900km in a week, etc!

2. This morning, another colleague who is also a good friend, said to me, “Hey, is this your dad in the newspaper again?” And there he was, featured in the file photo for a reader’s letter in the same paper that had published his photo at the weekend!

3. Next week, he will be interviewed on a prime time morning news programme along with two other senior citizens. I will miss it as I’ll be in Brrrringland, but I’m sure I’ll catch a recording of it at some point.

I don’t even have to make a dinner appointment to see him anymore as he is ubiquitous! Everywhere I look, there he is!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home