My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Baby Baby Baby Part 2!

No, it is still not me who is having a baby. Check out this photo though, isn’t she adorable?


She is half Burmese, a quarter Chinese and a quarter Caucasian. This photo was taken minutes after she was born and if you look carefully, you can still see some birth slime on her ha ha.

I first met the baby’s mother, the Eurasian, when I was nine. One day when I went into class, I saw a pretty nine-year-old girl sitting at one of the desks. Even then, I had a fascination with all things Western (blame TV programs like CHIPS, Starsky and Hutch, etc), so I sidled over and introduced myself. That was the start of a friendship that has spanned 28 years and counting!

When we were kids, I really looked up to her. Our parents knew each other and I used to hang out at her house all the time. I always copied whatever she did, including buying the same bikini and tying my hair the same way as hers. The other girls in our Catholic convent school used to cry when we wouldn't let them join our 'gang'! The Eurasian and I got into quite a lot of trouble as we were very naughty. I think we provided a lot of entertainment for our teachers, and if nothing else, we certainly made them work for their money!

We lost touch for a while when we were in our 20s, but fortunately ran into each other again a few years ago. Since then, we have spent some time together and I even visited her in Myanmar where she lives.

The Eurasian and I don’t always agree on everything, but our friendship is genuine and I love her for her honesty and concern. She used to nag me when I was single to find a man and settle down, but I was just having too much fun! Of course she’s happy for me now that I’m with P and has promised she’ll be there for the wedding. Girl, I’m holding you to that!

I would just like to say congratulations on your third child and much happiness for always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home