My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Auntieeeee! (said with our local accent)

A few days ago, I was chatting online with my friend in Elvisland. I told her that I was starting a scrapbooking class in July and she laughed saying, "Hey, only the 'aunties' here do that!" Well, either I've mellowed out since meeting P eight months ago, or I really am an 'auntie' now!

It's 11pm on a Friday night, and the old me would have been living it up at one of the clubs, getting happily sloshed with a vodka cranberry in hand while watching strange men get their tongues pierced .

Tonight, I took out all of my scrapbooking supplies and starting organizing photos, papers and stickers for my wedding album while cooling off with a Ribena.

When I realized what I was doing, I was so disconcerted that I had to get up and write this entry. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?!!

The answer is that after all these years, I've simply fallen in love with a man who has become my best friend. He is always on my side. It sounds like such a cliche and I'm not the romantic type, but there is no other way I can describe it. We have been through so much together, but instead of pushing us apart, the challenges have actually strengthened the bond between us.

As I write this, P is on a flight back to Brrrringland. I am very proud to say that after only six weeks of looking for a job, he was offered a position as the IT Manager for a small local company in Melbourne. But we did some tax calculating and soul searching, and concluded that it would be more prudent for him to work back home where the salaries are higher. So he turned the post down.

Although we have an idea of where we want to go, we are not making too many plans as life has a strange way of doing what it wants! We are both very excited about our future and getting married in November (hence the scrapbooking).

Without realizing it, I've somehow outgrown my old lifestyle. The things that mattered to me then, don't matter to me now. There is more I'd like to say on this, but I will keep it for another time. It's almost midnight and this 'auntie' has to haul a** and get to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home