My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Life is Full of Both Happy and Sad

The good news first: Clippers and 20 other women reached their goal and more when they shaved their heads on 19 May for the Children’s Cancer Foundation. Their target was S$250,000 and to date, the donations stand at S$280,000! Well done to them! This is a very cute photo of how they all look after they got their heads shaved:


On a sadder note, my dad’s sister-in-law lost her battle with lymphoma and passed away earlier this week. P and I went to the funeral yesterday with my dad and his partner. It was a quiet and dignified ceremony, which symbolized the type of woman my aunt was.

I’m sorry that I didn’t know her better, although she was always a part of my childhood visits to my grandparents’ home. She was a very private person and not many people outside of the family knew she was ill. However, she really was a fighter and though it’s a small comfort to those she left behind, they can be proud that she did the best she could.

My aunt’s immediate family and my dad’s sisters did an amazing job of looking after her during her illness and I know it has been stressful for them, especially since my dad’s baby sister is also living with liver/bone cancer.

This has again reminded me how tenuous life is and how quickly things can change. I am more determined than ever to enjoy what I have and to spend as much quality time with my dad as possible.

Do continue to keep my family in your prayers and please donate generously to all cancer charities. Thank you and lots of love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home