My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What Planet are You On?!

As most of you know from a few blog entries back (see the As the Wedding World Turns post), I had a huge disagreement with my original wedding MC, the ‘other diva’. He couldn’t understand that if you want your friends to do something for you, you ask nicely and hope that they will agree. He tried to TELL me what to do, which of course guaranteed that I did exactly the opposite!

He has still not apologized for crossing this very fine line of friendship, so the situation is status quo. As he is a proud person and unlikely to say he’s sorry, I foresee that the friendship is pretty much over. In the last nine years that I’ve known him, we have had periods where we didn’t speak for over a year due to some spat or other. I know that I’m also a high maintenance person and have no patience for his dramatics. Therefore, I am quite happy to join the loooooooooooong list of people he has fallen out with and doesn’t speak to anymore! There are a few others who have become friends with him again, but they either live in another country or don’t see him that often, which seems to be the key to being friends with him.

We still have mutual friends and he has been telling everyone his spin of the story, which is perfectly understandable. However, one of our friends told me the other day that because I’m such an upfront and direct person, he knows that my version is the one that happened. See, being brutally honest does have its uses sometimes ha ha!

What prompted me to write this entry was the fact that P ran into the ‘other diva’ today, who said he was offended that P hadn’t gotten in touch with him since arriving on our small island a week ago! As P came to see me and our time together is limited, why would he call an ex-friend of mine who has caused me nothing but grief? P told him as much, but more diplomatically of course. I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that the “other diva” still lives on Planet Princess! Some people, tsk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home