My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it is!

Well I've landed on Brrringland's surprisingly sunny shores and it is absolutely freezing. However, the air is beautifully crisp and as the sun hits the streets, the sillouette of the bare trees against the clear blue sky is simply stunning. A perfect place to spend the festive season. The shops are all brimming with Christmas goodies and everywhere you look, decorations abound.

My 13-hour flight landed at some ungodly hour, but P was there to meet me at the airport. He surprised me with a beautiful hand bouquet made up of cream roses and lilies, which I thought was very sweet. Am I the luckiest woman in the world or what?!

After a nice Thai lunch (you can take the girl out of Asia but you can't take the Asia out of the girl), I hit the shops near P's office and bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather knee-high boots for only £45 on sale! They will go perfectly with a tweed skirt suit P got me.

After work today, P and I will head down to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. There is ice skating, a fairground and a German Christmas market. It will be cold of course, but this is how I deal with the weather. I wear long cotton leggings under my jeans and a thermal shirt beneath my cashmere turtleneck. I top it all off with Timberland boots and a ski bunny white down jacket, cashmere hat and gloves.

If it's extra cold, I will have a hot toddy to help me along the way hee hee. I have a feeling that I'll need to drink a few glasses of mulled wine this evening to help keep me warm! Here's to your good health!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home