My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Monday, October 02, 2006

New Hair and Old Friends

For all of you who haven’t seen me lately, I have chopped all my hair off! It is now a layered crop. Why did I do it? I suppose that along with being sick of men and their childish nonsense, I was also sick of my long hair. The best thing to do was to get rid of both!

I recently started a two-week sabbatical from men. Yes, it’s sad that two weeks for me is considered a sabbatical, but I can’t help it if boys (and I really do mean boys) like me! The break has been going pretty well, though my credit card has taken a beating recently and it coincides with the start of the sabbatical. I guess that I have just substituted one bad habit with another!

Last week, one of my closest friends visited our island on a business trip. I’ve known Copenhagen since our high school days back in Sacramento. We met in January 1987, which is almost 20 years ago, eek! I can’t believe that time has passed so quickly and that it has been eight years since we last saw each other in Denmark. We spent some fantastic quality time together and I was very happy to see her again. Although I’ve had an amazing year to date and have made some wonderful new friends, spending time with Copenhagen reminded me of how important my ‘older’ friends are, especially those who have stood by me all these years.

On the topic of good friends, I had another fun night out on Saturday with Rachel, Huney, Oral Fix and about seven or eight others. Covering every shade of white, yellow and brown, we were at my favourite Irish pub listening to the band. A recipe for success is definitely great music, good conversation and lots of alcohol :-).

We even met a laid back guy from Boston who has 11 tattoos. No, your eyesight isn’t going, it really is 11. When I asked him what his mum thought of his many tats, he said, “She likes them as she has some of her own!” How awesome is that?!! He told me that he comes from a family of bikers and that his mum has two motorcycles. I like her already!

Here's to cool chicks and hot guys! Oh I almost forgot, I'm on a sabbatical from men. Okay, well here's to cool chicks anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home