My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

On Singlehood, Rock Stars and Champagne Nights

My best friend sent me the World's Shortest Fairytale, which my single girlfriends and I found hilarious. It's too good (and true!) not to share:

World's Shortest Fairytale
Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?". The girl said, "NUP!"

And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased...did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, travelled a lot, had many boyfriends, saved more money, and had all the hot water to herself.

She watched chick flicks, never football, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants, smoked, swore and burped all the time.

THE END

On Thursday night, I went to the INXS concert as I am a HUGE fan of JD Fortune, the most delicious Canuck on planet Earth! I was too far from the stage to take any good photographs, but close enough to scream his name!

I know a Kiwi teacher here who looks a lot like JD and I must confess that I have a mini-crush on him. By coincidence, I ran into him the very next night at a very crowded and noisy pub. We started talking and I learnt that he had also been at the concert. During our conversation about INXS, he leant down and sang some of 'Never Tear Us Apart' to me, his warm breath on my ear. How come they never had teachers this gorgeous when I was in school? Sigh...

Later the same evening, a bunch of us went to one of the Quays. My beautiful friend (who is named after a motorized vehicle) and I decided to split and go dancing on our own. We didn't get very far though as a handsome dark-haired man did a double take when he saw Sexy Scooter and stopped us in our tracks. They were Qantas cabin crew ("M'am, would you like chicken or fish?") and really cute. Somehow, I found myself walking barefoot through a fountain (the kind that spurts out directly from the floor), getting my 'Lucky' jeans (private joke) totally wet in the process! We ended the night by being served champagne and grooving with the two cruisy Aussie boys (who by the way, could really dance!) at the bar with a view. What a great way to start the weekend!

This was obviously my time for Moet and beautiful skylines. The very next night, I was in my dad's apartment, drinking more of the bubbly stuff. His partner had invited me over for dinner and she prepared a delicious Japanese hotpot dish with very tender Shabu Shabu beef. As I sat on the 20th floor balcony looking out at the city, laughing with them and having an amazing time, I thought to myself, "Life doesn't get any better than this!"

So although this weekend didn't involve house keys on piercings or any other shocking experiences, I still had a fantastic couple of days with friends and family. I can't wait to see what next weekend brings woo hooooooooooo!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home