My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hey Ho Sailor!

After a two-week exercise out at sea, my friends and I were all very happy to find out that Jack A's ship was coming back to our sunny shores for a few days.

Rachel, Sexy Scooter, Huney and I went down to the port on Saturday afternoon and met Jack A, who agreed to give us a tour of the frigate. Jack A was in his Officer's Whites and looked really cute, especially with his knee-high white socks!

We were welcomed on board by a drop-dead gorgeous Guard (I didn't catch his title, I could hardly concentrate while he spoke as I was trying my best not to drool). In his camos and carrying a big rifle, we are talking seriously YUM. Before we were allowed to run amok on board, he had to give us a safety briefing. During this, I rested my head on his broad and manly shoulder and he let me. The girls just cracked up. We all loved him, what a charmer!

Jack A then took us to the wardroom, where we had cokes with no ice. Apparently the ice chest was locked up, weird but hey, it's the navy! We were given a tour of the officer's quarters and I think we must have woken half of them up with our giggling and carrying on!

Afterwards we were taken to the bridge. The equipment and fittings looked like something out of an 80's movie, really quite dated but super cool nonetheless.

The highlight for me was seeing the Merlin helicopter, which my cousin Lt RC also flies. None of us expected it to be so HUGE! We all gasped when we walked into the hanger. Besides carrying two pilots and several 'strategists', it can also hold a fair bit of cargo (both human and non). It is one kick a** machine and I was well impressed with it.

During our tour of the ship, Jack A showed me the navy's flight magazine. My cousin Lt RC was featured in it as he had successfully carried out the first ever One Engine Inoperative (OEI) landing on a Type 23 Frigate during a multi-national ASUW sortie off Pakistani Makran coast territorial waters! In simple English, it means that he managed to land his helicopter back on the ship after one of the engines failed, saving both the valuable crew and aircraft. To say that I felt proud when I read that article would be the understatement of the century. Respect Cuz, you never fail to amaze and inspire me.

A very BIG thank you to Jack A for inviting us on Her Majesty's Ship and to all his colleagues who made us feel so welcomed, especially you, Mr Hot Stuff Navy Guard!

You guys can come back to our very small island any time (though night would be best haha)!!

Mwah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home