My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Boys, Boys, Boys!

I just want to say a very Happy 25th Birthday to my lovely South African friend and colleague Toz! Thanks for the generous invitation to celebrate it with you guys on Thursday. I had a great time! *Mwah*!

After dancing late into the night with my office crush JV (another ZA cutie) during Toz's birthday party, I was hesitant about going out again on Friday. A "mature" and "sensible" 30-something like myself really does need her rest. However, Ms No Willpower couldn't resist the call of her favourite Irish pub and there I was again on Friday night with Natalie.

We agreed that it would just be a couple of quiet drinks and then home early to bed (yeah right). We were chilling out with the boys in the "Truth is Stranger than Fiction" (TSF) entry, yes, the very same who dressed up as women. I think that this Irish pub attracts the more "unique" specimens of the human population inhabiting this small island, though I do exclude myself from this category haha.

Anyhow, the tallest person I have EVER seen walks in and immediately captures the attention of everyone in our group. Conversation stops and we all zoom in on him. Being six foot TEN (that's 2.08 metres for my metric friends) in a country where the average male height is five foot seven (1.70m) does make you stand out, oh, just a little bit. I took a photo of Natalie with him so all of you who are subscribed to my blog will have seen it. Even sitting down, he's still taller than I am. Like wow.

I thought to myself, "If this is the weirdest that this evening is going to get, then we are not doing too badly." Famous last words. As my friend and bike hash buddy Oral Fix once said to me, "If trouble doesn't come knocking at your door, then it comes knocking next door!".

Hanging out with the TSF boys does bring its own adventures and true enough, at about midnight, Craig decided that it was time to get his lip pierced, something he'd been wanting to do for a while. So Craig, Natalie and I trooped off to a tattoo parlour at the Four Floors, where a very heavily-tattooed young man sits big boy down and proceeds to skewer his lower lip. I could barely stand to watch but I must have, because I have the photos to prove it (which you guys have also seen).

When he went back to the ho bar to show the rest of his friends, two more of the Crackpot Charlies joined in and got their tongues pierced. Surreal? Yeah, you could say it did feel a bit like that. But that's how my nights out always seem to turn out. Either it's just me, or I really do need to find some new people to hang out with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home