My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our Bedroom Piece

I have been hunting high and low for a suitable artwork to hang in our bedroom and I finally found it this weekend.

In Brrringland, P and I had looked at several galleries and I did see a subtle watercolour-on-paper nude that I liked. However, at over GPB500, we decided to give it a miss because it wasn't anything special. It shows the back view of a woman laying on her side and P said that we could find that sort of art in most galleries in the western world.

After enjoying my other three new pieces for a few days, I decided to head down to the gallery again to see if I could find anything else to collect. He had some charcoal-coloured nudes but they were very 'in your face'. I'm all for p*rn but I sure as heck ain't gonna' pay $1,500 for it!

Suddenly, the gallery owner pulled out this piece from his hidden stash at the back of the shop and I gasped with pleasure. I love that although it is a nude, it is also tribal and manages to combine humour in it. This was hung up in the artist's own home (the same guy who did "Ooh...I like my place!") and depicts himself and his wife. Although her chest is a restricted zone as symbolized by the red box, he stretches out his hand as far as he can and just keeps on trying to grab her b**bs! The painting is aptly titled "Kiss My...!"

It made me laugh because P is soooo like that as well. He can never keep his hands off me and I'm often batting them away. This clever piece of work will definitely have pride of place in our bedroom.

I've taken photos of it both in day light and at night with soft yellow lighting. Either way you look at it, it's gorgeous and perfect for us!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home