My Photo
Name:
Location: the Tropics

There was once a woman named Jan, Who was hot because she was tan, She loved spicy food, Which she ate in the ‘hood, And spent plenty of time on the can.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Ooh...I Like My Art!

I finally got my other three new pieces of art home last night and I just had to share.

The two semi-abstract landscapes are from one artist and the red abstract is from another.

Title: "Resort City II"

Title: "Sunset City"

Title: "Ooh...I like my place!"

The gallery owner actually recommended that I buy the abstract to round off my collection. When I first saw it, I wasn't that keen. However, I decided to trust his advice and I'm so glad that I did. The more I look at it, the more I love it! In person, the colours are so rich and the texture of the painting is simply beautiful.

The artist has become hugely collectable in the last few years and this piece depicts how his house that has grown along with his success.

I can relate to it because only a couple of years ago, I finally had enough for the deposit to pay for my own apartment after working for over 10 years. It is a very satifying feeling.

The problem with collecting art is that there is just so much beautiful work out there. Now I'm thinking of getting a couple of smaller pieces as well. Ooh...no!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home